This scenario planning project developed research informed scenarios of possible futures (Chaotic, Unsustainable, and Sustainable Futures) for young people in Melbourne’s inner north in 2025. This project was a partnership with the Inner Northern Local Learning and Employment Network.
We have finalised our report on the COVID-19 Recovery Scenarios for Young People in Melbourne’s Inner North.
The Summary report presents a brief overview of each of the three scenarios that we produced in the project. In earlier posts we presented the full account of each of these:
- Chaotic Futures: the Future We Want to Avoid
- Unsustainable Futures: The Future We Are Likely to Get
- Sustainable Futures: The Future We Hope For
The Summary report also includes a brief outline of a project proposal to develop a cohort of Youth Activists for Sustainable Futures, and a micro-credential in Leadership for Sustainable Futures.
- ‘COVID-19 and young people’s ‘Future Presents’: lockdown stories from the Anthropocene’ by Kelly, Brown and Goring (2021) in Journal of Youth Studies
- ‘Climate change, mental health services, a better education system: what marginalised young people told us needs to be fixed’ in The Conversation
The Inner Northern Local Learning and Employment Network (INLLEN) (2020-2021)