1. My life at the moment (3 mins)
Can you tell us about how you view your life at the moment? This could include covering some or all of the issues/questions below.
- Are you doing what you want to do? Would you like to be doing something different?
- Are you generally happy or satisfied with your life? What are some of the things that make you happy or satisfied?
- Would you say that you are unhappy, dissatisfied, or anxious a lot of the time? What are some of the things that make you unhappy, dissatisfied, or anxious a lot of the time?
- Do you feel connected to the world around you – through family, friends, community organisations such as sporting, arts, music or outdoor clubs?
- Or do you tend to feel a bit isolated, disconnected or alone in your daily life?
2. Share a story about a key episode, event, person, place, good time, bad time in your life (3 mins)
We are interested in knowing a bit about how you got to this point in your life. Not necessarily your whole life, but to hear about some of the episodes, events, people, and places that have shaped you as a person. And, the good times and bad times that have got you to this point.
In order to do this, take some time to think about one key episode, event, person, or place that you would like to tell us about. It is a good idea to write down a couple of notes about what you would like to say, and how you are going to say it. You can tell this story in any way that you like, but the more detail that you can provide the better.
3. My life in the future (3 mins)
We want to know a little about your hopes and aspirations for your future?
We want to know a little about your hopes and aspirations for your future. When you think about answering here you might consider the following questions with a brief response.
- Where do you hope to be living, working or studying in 5 years time?
- What job or further education would you like to be doing in 5 years time?
- What skills and/or work and life experiences do you think you will need to have developed to be doing that job or that course?
- How sure are you about being able to do the things that you really want to do in 5 years time?
- If you aren’t so sure about whether you will do these things, can you think about what kinds of support would help you get there?
4. Is there anything that you would like to say to other young people or leaders in our community? (3 mins)
This is an opportunity for you to say something about your life, and the things that you care about, to some people who have influence in the organisations that are there to support you.